Monday, October 31, 2011

Recent Purchases

I love just having days when I've not got much to do and can spend time leisurely wandering around shops and looking at every single thing that have on their shelves. My favourite shops to do this are Superdrug and Boots, as the town I was shopping in didn't have a Superdrug I was going to have to maximise the Boots store! I must have spent nearly an hour in there wandering around, hunting for bargains and the next fun product to try. I picked up a few essentials that I needed as I was running low on dry shampoo and powder for setting my foundation and a few new things which I can't wait to try! So without further ado, here are my recent purchases...

The first thing I picked up was a product from Aussie, it's a 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor. This is a deep conditioner for damaged hair, now as much as I love my hair I know it is damaged! I treat it bad, I blow dry it every time I wash it and I straighten it at least once a day. I've started to only wash my hair every other day so this will hopefully start to help it repair itself as washing your hair every day strips it of natural oils and can be really detrimental. So Dry Shampoo = BEST FRIEND! And any chance for a 'deep condition' needs grabbing with both hands. I love Aussie products and I'm certain this will be an amazing product.



I'm always using make up remover wipes, I love how convenient they are. I find them easier to use than a make up remover gel or liquid and cotton pads as it's only one thing to use. Another massive benefit of make up wipes is that they are much easier to travel with and there's no risk of them leaking in your bag! These wipes are from Johnsons face care, they are the daily essentials ones and are for combination skin which is the skin type I have. There's 25 wipes per pack and they're only £3.15, so very reasonable.



At Boots now there is an offer on all the Natural Collection cosmetics, they are any 3 for £5.00 so after a look through everything they had on offer I decided on three. I could have picked one of everything but I limited myself to three. I got this amazing nail varnish colour in Peach Manicure, I've been on the lookout for a  nice nude colour and this one looked perfect!



The second Natural Collection product I got is a lip gloss, all the lip glosses with the Natural Collection are amazing colours and they are a great consistency too. I've never had chance to try one of them before but I can't wait to try this one, it's in the colour Raspberry Ripple and is the nicest pink colour ever! 



The third Natural Collection product is this tinted moisturiser, it was a mere £1.99 and with the offer Boots have at the minute it was even cheaper than that! If it's a good product it'll be amazing to be able to get something as substantial as tinted moisturiser so inexpensive. I got mine in the colour Natural, I wanted Fair, the lightest one, but they didn't have one. (One that hadn't had half the product squeezed out and the lid squashed back on afterwards) I'm looking forward to trying this out though, and hopefully it's a nice quality tinted moisturiser. 



I also picked up a Rimmel stay Matte Pressed Powder, I use this powder every day after my foundation and it always sets it perfectly. I do have combination skin, so I have to use this powder throughout the day as I have an oily T-zone which leads to me needing to re-set my foundation quite frequently. I use the powder in colour 003 Peach Glow, which is quite a fair colour as I have quite fair skin! ha ha



I've only ever used one eye product and that's the Garnier Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll On, and I love that product so I've never looked out for any other eye cream or roll on but I'm glad I did because I found this Vitamin e gentle eye cream. It's a Boots own product and It seems really amazing and I can't wait to try it out properly. There's a whole range of vitamin e Boots products and I'll be sure to get some more if I love this one as much as I think I will!



The next thing I got was a travel size Rich Moisturising Day Cream from Nivea Visage, it feels amazingly thick and creamy and I think will be perfect over the next few winter months to keep in my handbag for when my skin gets dry and cracked. I have the worst dry skin in the winter and my hands become really sore and cracked so this will be perfect and handy for carrying about with me at all times.



I've been using a really inexpensive mascara from Make Up Academy (MUA) for a while, and I do love that mascara but I've been wanting to try something new for a while. So I picked up one of the Bourjois Paris Volume Glamour Ultra Black mascara, the brush on this looks fantastic and I'm a big fan of big voluminous long lashes so I hope this mascara lives up to it's name!



I've always been a huge fan of the St. Ives exfoliating products so I decided to pick up another one in a travel size, this one is different one to the one I've normally purchased, this one is called Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Invigorating. I made sure I got the oil-free one as I do have combination skin so I always prefer oil-free products. I love St. Ives exfoliating products so I know I'll enjoy using this one too.



I decided I wanted a really good, moisturising hand cream that I haven't tried before to use during the winter months. I've always loved the smell of shea butter and cocoa butter, so I looked through all the different ones Boots had to offer until I decided on the Johnsons body care 24hour Moisture Radiance Hand Cream with Shea & Cocoa Butters. This is a new product and I absolutely love the smell of it!



I also had a look through the Boots Botanics range, it's a really affordable and 100% organic and has some amazing products on offer. I picked up the Organic Face Rosewater Toner, I haven't used it yet but it smells so so good! It's great that it's so natural because often products we use now and filled with harsh chemicals and these can lead to skin becoming worse rather than better, so I'm really glad I found this range and you can expect to see some more of their products on here and on my YouTube channel!



And finally, I picked up a new dry shampoo. I use this every other day to keep my hair as healthy as I can when I'm constantly blow drying it and straightening it! ha ha. This is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original and smells really good, it's not an over powering scent, just a clean and fresh smell.



So there you have it, that's my splurge of beauty goods! What's one beauty product you can't live without? 






2 comments:

  1. oh. I love that Natural Collection nail colour! So pretty!!
    I love the set up for your photos!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look really pretty and I can't wait to use it! :)

    Thank You! :)

    ReplyDelete