Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Control Kit

I was immediately excited for this product and to use it because I've never had a whole skincare line to use like this before! It's a three step system, Step One: Spot Control Cleanser, Step Two: Spot Control Moisturiser and Step Three: Fast Clearing Spot Treatment. So it's the whole shabang really and I was super excited to get using it and see the results.


The Box says that '100% of people had clearer skin in just 1 day*' So I mean I'm included in 100% of people right? WRONG! I'll tell you the series of events from the beginning, that seems the most straight forward way to do this.

Day 1: My first impressions were that the cleanser was a really nice consistency, it felt as though it was a good product, and that it was going to do its job. It didn't smell great (not bad but just not of anything in particular) but to me that just meant that they made such a great spot fighting product they didn't care how it smelt because it was just that amazing! So from the off, I was excited. The Moisturiser confused me at first, the directions said to 'cover the entire affected area' now does this mean to each spot? Because surely that's what the next step was for? Well I just applied it to me whole face (I have spots on my whole face so I assumed this would be OK) The fast clearing spot treatment, which was the last step, I LOVED! It was just a great consistency and had that 'I'm doing my job, don't choo worry' feel to it, so I was happy.



Day 2: My skin certainly did appear less red, there was no massive OMG I'm going to die at these amazing results (that is what I had hoped for though). But it was good and I was excited to see how the week panned out. My only qualm was that once I had applied the moisturiser in the morning, my skin felt greasy when I applied my foundation.

Day 3: Redness reduced further, blemishes still visible but definitely a noticeable change.



Day 4: Turn for the worse! I used all three steps this morning as normal, and had gone about my day as happy as Larry (I don't know any Larry's but if there were a happy one around, I was as happy as him). But I gradually felt a change in my skin, it was beginning to feel tight, itchy and bumpy. It was a funny texture, quite difficult to explain but it was the bumpiness of sandpaper but not sharp, just bumpy. That night my chin, jaw line and neck began to itch insanely badly! I didn't use the products that night and used my other face products to stop the itching getting worse. I tried to moisturise with my Lush moisturiser but the state of my skin when I put it on my skin just burned and I had to wash it straight off.

Skip to Day 7: I haven't used the Clean & Clear products since, and my skin is still horrible and bumpy, and it hurts and is irritated! My skin did improve with the use of the Clean & Clear advantage spot control kit but unfortunately I have more sensitive skin that I knew and reacted badly to the products.

Today, Tuesday, 9 days after I began this trial of Clean & Clear my skin is gradually returning back to normal,  but the skin surrounding my lips, my chin and my jaw line is still bumpy and badly irritated. I loved the products at first and will be looking for others, they did work well and I would recommend them, I just had a bad reaction to them and that can happen with any product. 

Love and Hugs from yours truly, Rebecca.

2 comments:

  1. Oh-no! Thats not good, i can't believe it did that after a few days you would think if your skin didn't like the products then it would of started irratiting after the first day or so. So strange, but definatly not trying this product now! Great review & welcome to the blogging world! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I think it was as my skin started to react with the products it just went horrible! I think I'm going to try the wash, moisturiser and spot treatment again but individually for a week to see if I can't narrow down which one caused the issues, for curiosity's sake! :)

    And Thank You! :) xx

    ReplyDelete